Strategic Goal 1: Student Performance
(Student Success through Equity and Access)
Students will demonstrate readiness to learn at each grade level and academic disparities between sub-groups will be reduced.
• Identify and address learning needs through assessments and a coordinated supports system
• Ensure students receive access to an appropriately rigorous curriculum delivered by high quality staff
• Enhance learning through integrated technology for students and teachers
• Communicate and celebrate student progress using a variety of methods
• Stress the academic benefit of good attendance to student and parent
• Acknowledge good attendance for students as a positive career-ready characteristic and establish a recognition process for students with outstanding attendance
Strategic Goal 2: Provide Safe and Secure Environment to Learn and Work
Develop and sustain a learning environment that results in employee learning, increased student achievement and overall school improvement.
• Enhance the districts wellness efforts
• Enhance the use of the administrator intern program and cross-training as a means to develop a pool of qualified successors for all positions
• Institute a plan to ensure an advocate for each student throughout the district (ie Check In/Check Out)
• Implement a school leader program that strengthens the skills of school leaders preparing them for leadership roles in low-performing schools
• Decrease the number of behavioral infractions that result in out-of-school or Short Term Alternative placement
• Provide adequate and appropriate facilities
• Monitor and review District and school emergency plans are familiar to district and school personnel in the event of an emergency
Strategic Goal 3: Recruit and Retain Highly Qualified Workforce
Review district processes to attract, retain and develop a highly qualified and effective workforce.
• Insure evaluation tool/system is suitable for determination of workforce performance
• Provide continuous support focused of effective instruction by incrementally developing the expertise of beginning teachers through their first three years through mentoring, coaching and appropriate professional development.
• Consciously provide professional development based on identified needs acquired through teacher appraisal and teacher survey data.
• Enhance partnerships with universities and community colleges that have teacher education programs.
• Implement process for awarding staff who have exemplary attendance.
Strategic Goal 4: Intentional and Effective Use of Available Resources
Develop and sustain effective and efficient use of all resources for improved student achievement and fiscal responsibility.
• Ensure identified federal and state expenditures support learning gains identified through cooperative district and school progress monitoring
• Enhance the opportunities for district School Choice option through engaging curriculum, strong programs and attractive campuses.
• Provide safe and efficient bus transportation to include on-schedule routes, reduced accidents, minimal dead-lined buses and lower fuel costs.
• Continue to provide schools with adequate allocation of units while continually reviewing the process for school and district worksite allocations.